Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dealing with Navient?

tag
kmacqua
Regular Contributor

Dealing with Navient?

Has anyone with a Sallie Mae loan now being serviced by Navient had dealings with Navient yet? How are they to work with?

I am hoping to set up my now Navient loan in my automatic online bill pay from my bank; I was never able to do this with Sallie Mae because my bank was never able to verify my Sallie Mae account #s (my only option was for my bank to automatically mail a physical check and, since that took longer, I always opted to pay my loans via Sallie Mae's website). I'm hoping to automate things with Navient. But so far, I can't even get my log in to work on their site!

Curious if people are having positive or negative experiences with this transition.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Dealing with Navient?

I was able to log in to Navient as soon as their website was online with the same username and password that I used on the Sallie Mae website.  My auto-pay this month was withdrawn from my bank account on the same day it was with Sallie Mae, so everything went off without a hitch.  Have you thought about setting up auto-pay through Navient's website?  Doing it that way nets you a 0.25% decrease in your interest rate, which is a nice benefit.

Message 2 of 8
kmacqua
Regular Contributor

That's what I ended up doing because it still didn't verify the account & address info.  I hate giving them all my account info and not having control over the timing and amount of payments; I like being able to manage everything centralized from my bank account rather than each bill at their own site.  Oh well.  At least there is the interest rate deduction!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I talked to them last week regarding a deferrment and they were perfectly fine with me, actually I found that they were nicer than Sallie Mae!

Message 4 of 8
kmacqua
Regular Contributor

Good! I hope this splitting of the companies is good news for customer responsiveness.

Message 5 of 8
SCF
Valued Contributor

They should tell you the date that your payment will come out each month - I receive an e-mail a few days before.  Also, the amount should not vary month-to-month unless you request a change in your payment plan for your loans.  I wouldn't worry about unusual payment dates or amounts with student loans.

Message 6 of 8
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

So far I haven't had to deal with them yet. I just visited my account when the change occured. Staying tuned to other threads regarding them, though.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navient is a complete nightmare -- see the last few posts in this thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Student-Loans/Rehab-effect-on-old-lender-TL-s/m-p/3869122#M17436

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.