Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Department of Education (UGH)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Department of Education (UGH)

I have been on a journey for the past few months with rebuilding my credit. I currently have student loans on my credit but they were all consolidated and Navient is the servicer. I rec'd a letter in the mail regarding a defaulted student loan. I am so upset! I wasn't aware there was another loan! It is not showing on my credit yet but my fear is that it will be. I was told that if I just paid it off, it will show up (when or if it does) as paid in full. I don't want it to hit AT ALL! I haven't been in school since 1999. She mentioned the rehab program but I can't wait 9 months to rebuild.. Will this show up on my credit reports eventually if it hadn't been before? 

Any help appreciated? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Department of Education (UGH)

When it comes to student loans, I believe there are no SOL and they can report negative information until it's paid or brought current, You stated you have consolidated other loans...have you looked into seeing if you can add the defaulted loans to the consolidation? I was told by an advocate from Navient that we can consolidate our loans again if needed. That may be something you can do.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.