Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dept. of Education reporting of student loan lates

tag
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

Dept. of Education reporting of student loan lates

I have a Dept. of Education loan reporting multiple 120+ days late in 2010. The interesting thing is that on Eq it is reporting as an account with no negatives, reporting no payment history prior to 2011. I have been attempting to GW them, requesting they report the same way to the other two CRAs that they are with Eq.

The situation on the loan was that I was receiving mail from Dept. of Education.and was either paying or receiving deferrals at that tim;  but I did not realize they had TWO seperate loans, so when I saw mail from them, I thought I was already dealing with them & in good shape. I would definitely have qualified for a hardship deferral at the time, if I'd realized that there was actually a second account I needed to be communicating about.

I've sent letters and emails, explaining that I was under a misimpression at the time or I would have been able to keep the loan in good status. I requested revisions to the length of payment history they are reporting with 2 of the 3 CRAs, but have had no response. Any ideas on the best way to reach someone at Dept. of Ed. I imagine that if I find the right person, they will work with me on this. Who/where to try next?

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.