Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Loan Starting Repayment, Switched Repayment Plan Problem

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

Direct Loan Starting Repayment, Switched Repayment Plan Problem

So my direct loan is going into repayment in a week and I switch my repayment plan from standard to graduated to make my payments a little lower for the moment as I dont make as much money now as I will in the future.

The problem is that the amount due for this first month is still the amount due for the standard repayment plan even though elsewhere on the same page it says the new "graduated" repayment plan payment amount. Im assuming this will fix itself or do I have to make the first payment as the standard repayment amount for this particular payment and then from then on it will switch over to the new graduated repayment plan amount?

Any info, thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Direct Loan Starting Repayment, Switched Repayment Plan Problem

i would make the standard payment just to be safe.  better to pay too much rather than not enough.

Message 2 of 3
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Direct Loan Starting Repayment, Switched Repayment Plan Problem

@laz98 wrote:

i would make the standard payment just to be safe.  better to pay too much rather than not enough.

+1

School loans are a hassle to try and explain and get fixed if there is a mistake on your part or their part. Better to be safe then sorry and make the sacrifice for another month and pay the standard payment.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.