Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Loan Transferred to Mohelo

tag
diegog

Direct Loan Transferred to Mohelo

Hi all,

I have been paying my direct loan for years and had it transferred to Mohelo. When I looked at my report recently I noticed it says Direct Loans is now reportint my accounts are more than 120 days late! And my score has suffered because of it. When I log into my direct loans account they say I owe nothing and they loan was transferred - which is all true. Even the report says I owe nothing but am somehow more than 120 days late paying that nothing. I am a noob, so maybe I am missing something obvious, but I don't get what is happening here. Who do I contact? What do I do? I have been paying on time for many years pulling my scores way up only to see a mistake  cost me. Any help will be great appreciated. Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SemperGumby
Contributor

Re: Direct Loan Transferred to Mohelo

Hi diegog, I am running into the same thing with NELNET.  I even contacted them and they said to contact the agency the loan was transferred to.  Let me know how it turns out?

Message 2 of 4
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Ask the original lender if they can put it in writing.

Once you have it in writing its much easier to have it removed.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 3 of 4
SemperGumby
Contributor

Interestingly in my case I have an email from Nelnet stating that they have nothing else to do with the debt and to call the FL DOE.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.