New Visitor
BailyBijou2

Direct Loans- Am I in default?

Last year I experienced a great personal tragedy while in my second year of grad school. I subsequently took the rest of the year off and didn't re enroll this past fall while still trying to rebuild my entire life. I've always kept my loan in mind, however was still under the impression that it was deferred until 2014. That was my booboo, I just learned that it went back into repayment last summer so now its showing 90+ as of 11/12 :smileysad:

Is this Default status, and will Direct Loans remove the 90+  bc I begin repaying?

Starting Score: 501 Lender Pull 1/13
Goal Score: 640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

Re: Direct Loans- Am I in default?

Sorry to hear of your troubles...but welcome to the forums :smileyhappy:

No, you are not quite in default yet, just very delinquent.  Repayment will not remove the 90+ days late remarks on your reports.

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 716. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}