Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Loans Late Payment Removal

tag
SoshiHomie84
New Contributor

Direct Loans Late Payment Removal

Hi. I have 11 Direct Loans serviced student loans on my Credit report. They were transferred to CoStep last year, then to Mohela about 2 months ago. 

CoStep and Mohela report no late payments because I was on income based repayment and at the time I wasn't making enough that I needed to pay anything. I'll start paying them again later this summer.

The problem is from when they were serviced by Direct Loans. All 11 student loans show a 120 day deliquency. I am unsure how to get this removed, or if it is even possible considering the loans have changed servicers so many times. Do you all have any idea the route that I should go about to clear this up. I think these late payments are hurting my score quite a bit considering they are from May 2012 and won't be going off until 2019. 

As of today I will have sent good will letters to 

(Address I found online)

Borrower Services Department
Direct Loan Servicing Center
PO Box 4609
Utica, NY 13504-4609

(Address on Credit Report)

Direct Loans Servicing
US Dept of Education
PO Box 5609
Greenville, TX 75403

I also found a fax #  800-848-0984, that someone here said they had some success here. Is my situation out of the norm with all these transfers to different servicing companies. Will that make this process even harder?

Thank you all for any time and help provided.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
onthemove
Contributor

Re: Direct Loans Late Payment Removal

Message 2 of 6
tfkallday
Frequent Contributor

Dispute them.  I don't want to get your hopes up but I had 8 Direct Loans transferred (all lates too) and disputed and all three CRA deleted within a week.  Let me know how you fare!

Starting Score April 2013: 556
Current Score March 2014: 682
Goal Score Soon (-: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
SoshiHomie84
New Contributor

Thank you both for the replies. I will report back on how it goes!

Message 4 of 6
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@thomas247, how did it go with Direct Loan?  I have one that I just submitted for dispute. It's only one but the same account is showing up twice; once with no lates and once with a late of 60 days. It's an old one but still would like it removed. I don't know why I never noticed it before.

Just wondering how you or others have faired?

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 5 of 6
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Thought I would share that I received a notification from MyFico on my scorewatch today. My dispute with Direct Loans removed the 60 days late pay from my credit report with Equifax. I gained 7 pts!  

So I noticed that it is also reported that way on my TU report as 60 days late. So I guess I will have to write to them to request a review/dispute. It was always shown as paying ontime with Experian.  So this is my last fixable blemish. After that is it just watching my % on my CC's.  

This site has been very helpful to me. Thank you everyone!

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.