cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Loans transferred again to MOHELA?

tag
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Direct Loans transferred again to MOHELA?

Seriously this is getting very annoying. My Direct Loans were just moved to MOHELA for service. Less than a year ago they were moved. **bleep** is going on?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Re: Direct Loans transferred again to MOHELA?

Is anyone else being transferred to MOHELA? 

Message 2 of 6
my25reasons
Regular Contributor

A lot of people were. I think this started back in January. Mine were just moved over the last week. You can find other posts/experiences if you search in the forum.

In my wallet:
Discover More / Chase Amazon / Chase Freedom /Chase Business Ink / Chase Slate / Capital One Cash Rewards / Walmart Discover / Kohls / JCPenny / Home Depot / Art Van

Experian Direct PLUS scores: Experian 744/ Equifax 763/ TU 744
Message 3 of 6
bahbahd
Established Contributor

I don't get it though. I was transfered to a new loan servicer last september. I've been paying through a site that looks identical in features to the nelnet site. Why would I need to have my loans moved again. I simply got one email letting me know this has happened too. Nothing in the mail. Logging into https://www.myedaccount.com/ show that the balance was paid off on 9/20. This is so annoying. 

Message 4 of 6
my25reasons
Regular Contributor

It's just the way it is. It should be a fairly smooth transition, and hopefully, better customer service.

In my wallet:
Discover More / Chase Amazon / Chase Freedom /Chase Business Ink / Chase Slate / Capital One Cash Rewards / Walmart Discover / Kohls / JCPenny / Home Depot / Art Van

Experian Direct PLUS scores: Experian 744/ Equifax 763/ TU 744
Message 5 of 6
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Anything has to be better than Nelnet. Watch any Nelnet account closely. I have heard people tracking their applied interest daily and catching them doubling up on accrued interest on a few days each month. It might be a small amount per month for each loan, but if they are doing it to everyone at the same time...

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.