cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DirectLoans/MyEdAccount - no auto-debit?!?

tag
JCAD42885
Established Member

DirectLoans/MyEdAccount - no auto-debit?!?

The monthly bill for my student loan (and my wife's loan) is debited automatically from our checking account--or at least, it has been. I know that DirectLoans recently transitioned to a new Web site, but I was not aware that their payment system had changed.

However, our loan was due on the 21st--and as of now, there has been no debit. And when I log in, I see the payment showing as late! 

Was I supposed to re-register my automatic debits? I don't recall receiving any notification to the effect...

Has anyone else had trouble with their monthly automatic payment?

I tried calling CS, but of course, they aren't open on the weekend. So now I'm not sure what to do...should I issue a payment immediately (and run the risk of paying twice for October), or should I wait until Monday?

If the payment is a few days late, do I run the risk of a negative on my CR? I've worked really hard to maintain sterling credit, and I would be very upset if a Web site transition tarnished my report...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
lithium78
Established Contributor

Re: DirectLoans/MyEdAccount - no auto-debit?!?

I had the same thing happen to me earlier in the month.  They were late four days, but they eventually took the payment.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
JCAD42885
Established Member

That's what ended up happening...they took the payment, albeit four days late. I guess they're just backlogged right now.

***Phew***

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

My auto debit hasn't posted on my checking account and I haven't been able to get onto myedaccount. When I called and actually got someone, they knew nothing about why I wasn't on auto payments anymore and didn't have any suggestions on what to do except to check back in 2 weeks. I better not be charged with late payment.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.