Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Student Loan (Stafford)

tag
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Discover Student Loan (Stafford)

Hello,

Can anyone offer feedback on Discover's Student Loan product?  I submitted my application on Monday and would greatly appreciate hearing of others experience before I am locked in. The loan is unsub so I will pay interest while attending school.

Thanks in advance!

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LynnInMN
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover Student Loan (Stafford)

Federal stafford loans are governed by the Higher Education Act or federal law.  They really wont vary from any other lender.
Ex-Financial Aid Officer

Ex-Student Loan Collector
Message 2 of 5
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Hello Lynn,

Thank you for your reply! I understand all lenders offer the 6.8% fixed rate (even though the fees are different). My question is more to the reputation of a lender; personal experience vs.. business. For example: customer service, credit reporting (or misreporting), ease of consolidating, There have been horror stories told on the forum about sallie mae so even though they were the first name given to me by the financial aid dept, I quickly crossed them off my list.

Hope this clarifies my question.

Message Edited by ocheosa on 06-10-2009 04:41 PM
[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
Message 3 of 5
laz98
Senior Contributor

so far i haven't had any problems with sallie mae Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 5
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@laz98 wrote:
so far i haven't had any problems with sallie mae Smiley Happy

Good to know. Thanks!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.