cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing Lates with US Dept of Ed…. Any Luck?

tag
elsenyor
Valued Member

Disputing Lates with US Dept of Ed…. Any Luck?

Ugh... I hate student loans with a passion.Smiley Frustrated

Like many of you, I have been fighting with that Dragon Princess Sallie Mae to remove my lates, but with no luck so far. (I refuse to give up!)

However, today's question has to do with the US Dept  of Education.  I had 11 small loans listed with them, and even though my loan was in deferment, they marked me as 60 days late on every loan in February 2013.  That said, they reported every loan as 'OK' in both January 2013 and March 2013. 60 days late is animpossibility...

My first phone call to them rendered nothing, even after speaking to a supervisor.  I have sent two GW letters to no avail, and am now disputing each and every one of them individually, with EX first so my CS doesn't take too big of a smash.  For the dispute, I entered "Payment Never Late" and in the comments section explained about the marking on Jan and March of 2013.   I have no idea if it is going to work, but I will keep you updated.

Has anyone tried a similar tactic? Can you give me any words of wisdom or additional strategies?  Thanks!

Starting Score: (8/2013) 487
Current Score: (5/20/14 Pull) EQ 705 EX 702 TU 685
Goal Score: 750 across the board
What's in my wallet? NFCU 6500, NFCU 2000, Discover IT 2k, Home Depot 700, Citizens Bank 2k, Wells Fargo (Empire) 4800
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Emtmedic44

Re: Disputing Lates with US Dept of Ed…. Any Luck?

Tried the same thing today. I have just recently decided that my credit is important and pulled my credit report. I noted  the late payments were reported when I was in deferrment from 07' and again 10'.  Keeping my fingers crossed. Will keep you updated.

Message 2 of 4
onthemove
Contributor

@elsenyor,

Are the late dates with D of Ed or Sallie Mae?

I had issues with dates and double accounts with D of ED.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Student-Loans/Dept-of-ED-after-the-shut-down/td-p/2731669

Message 3 of 4
elsenyor
Valued Member

The lates are with the Department of Ed.... but like I said, they marked me 60 days late Feb 2013, but reported me OK in both January and March.  Impossible.

I am going to start bombarding them with GW letters again twice a month as well.  They have yet to respond to my EX dispute, but I still have another two weeks, and I have a feeling that it's not going to get me anywhere anyway.  I won't give up.Smiley Mad

Starting Score: (8/2013) 487
Current Score: (5/20/14 Pull) EQ 705 EX 702 TU 685
Goal Score: 750 across the board
What's in my wallet? NFCU 6500, NFCU 2000, Discover IT 2k, Home Depot 700, Citizens Bank 2k, Wells Fargo (Empire) 4800
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.