cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I ask to have tradeline removed or lates?

tag
tangerinze
New Contributor

Do I ask to have tradeline removed or lates?

This is a total long shot, but I thought my account was in deferment... it wasnt. I had 2 loans through AES, late 9 times (so 18 total lates- that go 60,90,120.....) I wasn't getting the bills, my mom opened one, paniced and paid it once, never told me and then let it go late again. I only found out because I applied for a mortgage and didn't know why my credit dropped over 150 points in a year's time. 

Anyway. Ive heard that AES/ PNC is all "need to report accurately" so should I just ask them to remove both loans completely? If they would anyway. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Do I ask to have tradeline removed or lates?

If they won't remove the lates, it's unlikely they would be willing to remove the account entirely.  I would write a GW letter asking them to remove the lates and explaining the situation and how you've set yourself up to prevent it happening again (unless the loans are paid off, in which case, use the angle that you took care of the debt responsibly and this shouldn't hold you back from other goals).

Losing the tradelines entirely might impact your mix of credit (if they are your only installment loans) and average age of accounts, so it could result in less point gain than removing some or all of those lates.

Message 2 of 4
tangerinze
New Contributor

They were paid in full in July. I just hate that I have 18 lates since I had 2 loans through them, it seems so unfair to murder my credit over $400 that has well been paid back (my loans only totalled $4000 with them.. and the majority of the lates are 120! Theres 4 60's, 2 90's and the other 12 are 120 or worse! It is not my oldest account  as I have had car loans since I was 17, and have 2 instalment loans out right now, one car, one for work reasons. So it's not awful, just a thorn in my side, and since the lates are less than a year old they hurt pretty bad when looking for a mortgage. 

Message 3 of 4
Sock
Valued Member

Sounds a lot like me.... http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Student-Loans/Dept-of-Ed-and-Pioneer-Credit-Recovery/td-p/2386163

I'm still waiting to see if anyone has a creative solution to this problem.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.