cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do defaulted loans ever fall off your report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do defaulted loans ever fall off your report?

So for several years I was paying a low monthly payment towards my student loans, I thought that it was being credited to all my loans but it wasn't.  Damage has been done, I can't change that but I want to fix it.

In August of 2014 I consolidated all my student loans, while I didn't know I had that many, the total amount was what it should be.  I started to make payments on my newly consolidated student loans in November and haven't missed a payment since.

So I joined MyFico today and go view my reports, fully expecting to see these past student loans.  My question is will they ever fall off?

For example, I have this loan that is being reported by EQ and TU (not by EX though).  Date opened Oct. 2005/Last activity Oct. 2007/Status Date June 2008.  I have a few of them with the same dates like that - so does that mean they will fall off June 2015?  Or don't they fall off at all?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Do defaulted loans ever fall off your report?

Yes, they will fall off like any other similar tradeline. 

Message 2 of 5
garland865
Established Member

Mine fell off after 7 years.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys.  Looks like I'll have a big chunk fall off in June of this year, and then everything else that's remaining the next year.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like you and I are in similar boats, I have a big chunk that SHOULD fall off in June but isn't the case for every bureau (currently disputing) and the rest by early '16

Oz

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.