Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dorsey student loan 5,500

tag
ladyvg270
Regular Contributor

Dorsey student loan 5,500

Hi!

I went to dorsey business school in 2007 and im stuck with a loan of 5,500 dollars sense i now attend Macomb Community College, i do not have to repay the loan but i see that interest is building on it? any advice on how i should handle it because i do not want a 10,000 dol loan in the next couple of years so should i start trying to pay something on it or just leave it alone?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Dorsey student loan 5,500

While you are on an "in-school" forbearance you should be able to contact your lender and set it up so that you make payments on the loan interest.  I would definitely at least make the interest payments each month, because if you don't, when the loan goes into repayment, that will be capitalized in your principal, increasing the amount of your loan, and you don't want to be paying interest on interest charges!

If you can, I would make payments over the interest amount each month and start chipping away at this loan, even if it's just a little bit, but being in school that may not be an option, just do what you can and prevent that interest from piling up and you should be fine.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.