Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate student loans showing on CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Duplicate student loans showing on CR

I was just looking through my student loans and I see that AES has reported my student loans 4 times. I only have 2 loans. What I need help with is which ones to dispute? They all show the same account number. Open date on all are Dec 1 2002 and closed date 1/2016. 2 were last updatede dec 2016 and the other 2 were updated Dec 2016. Payment history is different as well. I dont have 4 student loans so I know 2 of these are duplicates. Which ones should I dispute?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Duplicate student loans showing on CR

Did you rehab the original loan?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Duplicate student loans showing on CR

@Anonymous wrote:

I was just looking through my student loans and I see that AES has reported my student loans 4 times. I only have 2 loans. What I need help with is which ones to dispute? They all show the same account number. Open date on all are Dec 1 2002 and closed date 1/2016. 2 were last updatede dec 2016 and the other 2 were updated Dec 2016. Payment history is different as well. I dont have 4 student loans so I know 2 of these are duplicates. Which ones should I dispute?

I just spent 1 1/2 hours making  a spreadsheet of all my loans using the information from the NSLD (which you can export as a text file and is a complete nightmare to make useful. But with some text to columns and tears I made it work).  I have some CRs with over 30 SL reporting, and I have 14 total in my history.  I know some have been sold, etc.  And it makes sense for those to report "twice,"  but not for the same time periods, which is what my problem seems to be.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.