cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ed Fin and Negative Reports: Shocking 180 point drop in Credit Score

tag
Hdk0708

Ed Fin and Negative Reports: Shocking 180 point drop in Credit Score

I have 11 separate student loans through the DOE Direct Loans.  I fell behind on payments by 90 days and all were reported as "negative" accounts on my credit report.  I am very sick about this.  My credit report dropped 170 points.  I called Direct Loans, Equifax, and a consumer credit reporting agency.  They informed me that there was nothing I could do about this; even getting my payments current would not remove the negative scores.  I have been reading threads here to get information and have found it helpful.  I would like to know if I need to go into default before I can actually get into the rehab program? Does rehab garnish pay, or can I pay voluntarily?  Finally, can negative reports be removed from one's credit report?  Thanks for any help you can offer.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ed Fin and Negative Reports: Shocking 180 point drop in Credit Score

I can't speak to the SL process per rehabbing and so forth, but I have seen some folks claim success by sending a Goodwill letter to Direct Loans and having lates removed. I would get current on each now and then wait a month or two, and making sure your CRs update before trying the GW route.

Message 2 of 4
Hdk0708

Thank you for your helpful response. Much appreciated.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ed Fin You might try to look at this website edited has My 720 credit Score. May you could get some pointer.

Posting of other's names isn't allowed on here - llecs, myFICO moderator

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.