Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ed Financial late payment!!!

tag
Newmanboy32

Ed Financial late payment!!!

So here is what happen:
I moved with my brother for a while after I graduated Dec. 2007. I tried getting an apartment Dec. 2008 an they told me I couldn't get approved because I had late payments on my student loans. At the time I didn't know much about credit, so I asked a friend what should I do and the answer they gave me is that you can't get it removed. So I just called Ed Financial and deferred my student lomas. So know it's 2011 and now I have a better understanding of credit and notice that the late payments on my student loans was hurting me a lot. So I asked my sis n law what can I do to get them removed and she said you should be able to get them removed if you never received a letter in the mail stating it was time for payment back in 2008 when they reported me being late. Then I though about it, I never did received a letter in the mail saying it was time to pay my student loans. So what I am assuming they sent the bills to my address back home where I haven't lived since 2002 when I graduated high school. So, I called Ed Financial and told them my story, but they told me they understand but they can not take the late payments off my credit. Does anyone have any advice?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Travis-84
Regular Contributor

Re: Ed Financial late payment!!!

Back in 2007, did your loan company have the correct address on file?  They may have sent it to your old address, but it is your responsibility to make sure they have your correct address on file. 

Search this forum for "Good Will letter".  There are many great examples, so I would try to send a good will letter and hope for the best, but removing student loan issues is a big uphill battle, and can be very difficult to do. 

Message 2 of 3
Newmanboy32

Re: Ed Financial late payment!!!

Well when I grauated in 2007 I didn't know when it will be time to pay them back. But I did expect to get a letter in the mail or some sort. Honestly, I don't know what address they had on file. I never communicated with them until I found out I had a late payment on my credit.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.