Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ed Financial

tag
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Ed Financial

Conpleted rehab and thought Nelnet was orginal loan owner, but it was transferred to Ed Finanical. Has anyone had success with GW to Ed Financial?

Thanks

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Joteism
Regular Contributor

Re: Ed Financial

I also did the rehab 2 years ago and have one positive trade line from the rehabbed loan and the negative EdFinancial line which is set to drop off next year. I've tried calling them several times to have the line removed, but they won't budge. I've never tried sending them a letter though. I think I'll give it a shot in the coming weeks... I think there are a few threads about EdFinancial on this forum and none look very promising. Good luck and let me know how it goes!

Message 2 of 5
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

@Joteism wrote:

I also did the rehab 2 years ago and have one positive trade line from the rehabbed loan and the negative EdFinancial line which is set to drop off next year. I've tried calling them several times to have the line removed, but they won't budge. I've never tried sending them a letter though. I think I'll give it a shot in the coming weeks... I think there are a few threads about EdFinancial on this forum and none look very promising. Good luck and let me know how it goes!

Will do!

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

As long as you can show a positive payment history for 1-2 years, they are willing to help. I was unaware of the forbearance when I was laid off; I failed to make payments for several months. I was able to regain employment and got caught up on my payments. I sent a letter asking if they'd be willing to reage and remove the late fees. I received a call and they agreed to remove them all if I repay my loan as scheduled without any missed payments. After it was paid in full, I called the same person I spoke to a year prior. She kept her promise. That call took place in late November, I received a confirmation letter in early jan, and am hoping to see the derogatory marks removed in feb...if not, ill send the letter to the bureaus.

They were very nice about everything...just humbly explain your situation. Good luck.
Message 4 of 5
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Definitely a YMMV situation. I have had no success. But will keep trying. Are you able to PM person you contacted?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.