cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EdFinancial isn't reporting on my TU CR. What should I do?

tag
lithium78
Established Contributor

EdFinancial isn't reporting on my TU CR. What should I do?

I was wondering why my EQ is so much higher than my TU CR.  I checked TU on MyFico today and it revealed that when EdFinancial bought my student loans, they didn't report it to TU.  On my EQ report, my defaulted federal loans vanished from my report and clean TLs from EdFinancial took their place.  On TU, EdFinancial never reported so I still have the negative TLs dragging my score down.  I've been making my payments to EdFinancial for the past four months, so they should have fixed this by now.

Should I contact EdFinancial and have them try to fix this?  Or should I contact TU?  Anybody have any advice?

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: EdFinancial isn't reporting on my TU CR. What should I do?

You can ask EdFinancial to report to TU, but there's no way to force them to do so.  I don't have any experience with EdFinancial myself, so I don't know if that's how they normally report.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Contact Edfinancial Services as they report to all national credit reporting agencies. 

Message 3 of 5
lithium78
Established Contributor

Well, I contacted EdFinancial and they told me that they reported to TU.  Then, I called TU and they told me that EdFinancial never reported to them.  So, I called EdFinancial back and told them what TU said and they said they'd look into it and it could take 7-10 business days.  *sigh*  Why is it so difficult for these two companies to get their information straight?  What a pain in the neck.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Familywantsahouse
Frequent Contributor

This is interesting because my husband's loans were transferred to them two months ago and they are not reporting to TU yet either.

We are in the middle of the mortgage process and these loans are 5 of his 7 tradelines...so suffice it to say his TU score has taken a BIG hit with only 2 tradelines reporting.

If you go past the 7th of August they'll repull his credit prior to closing, so I need these loans reporting to keep his score where it needs to be...we already had to deal with them on an issue of them drawing payment from our checking account twice and it wasn't pretty...so I can only imagine how fun trying to fix this will be.

2/24 (Lender Pull) EQ 613, TU 553, EX 589
April EQ 633, My Fico TU 638, EX ??
Current EQ 643, TU 652, EX 633 (lender pull 5/11)
Goal (we made it!!)- Over 640 middle by 5/15
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.