Valued Member
sperrin

EdFinancial reports late on my CR, but I was enrolled in school.

Hi Guys,

I transferred colleges after my first semester in 2006.  I finished my degree at another location and was always enrolled through 2010.  I was checking my CR and EdFinancial is showing 30, 60, 90 and 180 days late starting in mid 2009.  Can I contact them and tell them these are not accurate, as my loans were deferred while I was enrolled in school?  

Thank you ! 

Valued Member
sperrin

Re: EdFinancial reports late on my CR, but I was enrolled in school.

bumping this post 

Community Leader<br> Valued Contributor</br>
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
SCF

Re: EdFinancial reports late on my CR, but I was enrolled in school.

You can and should contact them and ask them to grant you a deferrment for that time and remove the lates.  Be prepared to send them proof that you were enrolled full-time on the dates in question.

That said, it is your responsibility to make sure your lenders are aware of your "in-school" status and that your loans are properly deferred, especially when you change schools or take a break and return.  Normally, lenders are notified automatically, but there's always the chance for a mistake.  Hopefully, they'll be willing to work with you on this.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}