cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EdFinancial reports late on my CR, but I was enrolled in school.

tag
sperrin
Valued Member

EdFinancial reports late on my CR, but I was enrolled in school.

Hi Guys,

I transferred colleges after my first semester in 2006.  I finished my degree at another location and was always enrolled through 2010.  I was checking my CR and EdFinancial is showing 30, 60, 90 and 180 days late starting in mid 2009.  Can I contact them and tell them these are not accurate, as my loans were deferred while I was enrolled in school?  

Thank you ! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
sperrin
Valued Member

Re: EdFinancial reports late on my CR, but I was enrolled in school.

bumping this post 

Message 2 of 3
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: EdFinancial reports late on my CR, but I was enrolled in school.

You can and should contact them and ask them to grant you a deferrment for that time and remove the lates.  Be prepared to send them proof that you were enrolled full-time on the dates in question.

That said, it is your responsibility to make sure your lenders are aware of your "in-school" status and that your loans are properly deferred, especially when you change schools or take a break and return.  Normally, lenders are notified automatically, but there's always the chance for a mistake.  Hopefully, they'll be willing to work with you on this.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.