Valued Member

EdFinancial reports late on my CR, but I was enrolled in school.

Hi Guys,

I transferred colleges after my first semester in 2006.  I finished my degree at another location and was always enrolled through 2010.  I was checking my CR and EdFinancial is showing 30, 60, 90 and 180 days late starting in mid 2009.  Can I contact them and tell them these are not accurate, as my loans were deferred while I was enrolled in school?  

Thank you ! 

Valued Member

Re: EdFinancial reports late on my CR, but I was enrolled in school.

bumping this post 

Community Leader<br> Valued Contributor</br>
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

Re: EdFinancial reports late on my CR, but I was enrolled in school.

You can and should contact them and ask them to grant you a deferrment for that time and remove the lates.  Be prepared to send them proof that you were enrolled full-time on the dates in question.

That said, it is your responsibility to make sure your lenders are aware of your "in-school" status and that your loans are properly deferred, especially when you change schools or take a break and return.  Normally, lenders are notified automatically, but there's always the chance for a mistake.  Hopefully, they'll be willing to work with you on this.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.