cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EdSouth & ISAC .How..or can I get these taken off....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EdSouth & ISAC .How..or can I get these taken off....

I had a SL with EDFL/EdSouth w/JP Morgan that was turned over to ISAC as a CA. 

I have since consol with Direct Loans, that now shows me as "pays as agrees terms:deffered. 

EdSouth and ISAC still show on my CR as 120+past due-student loan assisgned to govenment.

ISAC shows "paid collection".  

How..or can I get these taken off, now that Direct Loans is the loan holder.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EdSouth & ISAC .How..or can I get these taken off....

I'm assuming the loan(s) in question were rehabbed completely (meaning, you made 9 months of payments on time)??

AFAIK, the "default" status must be removed per the HEA, but the lates can still remain.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didnt have to rehab because I was enrolled full-time to school.   The loans dont say as "default"

Loan history....

student loan started here;
EDFL SVCS/Bank of NY
status; claim filed with government/180 past due
creditors statement: student loan per assigned to govenment.

student loan went to;
ISAC:

student loan currently with;
UDOE
Open/Never Late.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I didnt have to rehab because I was enrolled full-time to school. The loans dont say as "default"
Loan history....
student loan started here;
EDFL SVCS/Bank of NY
status; claim filed with government/180 past due
creditors statement: student loan per assigned to govenment.
student loan went to;
ISAC:
student loan currently with;
UDOE
Open/Never Late.

It may not SAY default, but if the loans went to collections, much less were claimed by and assigned to the government, that means you've defaulted on them.

You've defaulted on them. If you've not begun rehabbing them (making them current), you can expect to have your wages garnished, tax refunds offset, and possibly liens attached to your property (or your bank account).

Also, you won't be able to qualify for a mortgage ... or other credit.

Even if none of that has happened NOW or YET, it will. The US gov doesn't like to be cheated.

EDITED: Okay, perhaps I have it wrong ... somewhere along the lines, you DID default (otherwise, your loans wouldn't have been claimed or assigned to the gov for collections) ... but you're saying that you've paid them off, right???

Message Edited by Wonderin on 06-16-2008 01:49 PM
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I consolidated my loans with Direct Loans which are now defferment.  Ed South sent them to ISAC for payment that is when I consolidated.  So ISAC was paid by DIrect Loans.   I guess my question is can I get Ed South to take this off as the OC or ISAC and the CA, they are both showing on the CR in the same amounts.  So what really is 5 individual loans now looks like 10 indivdual accounts.
Message 5 of 6
LynnInMN
Frequent Contributor

Unfortunately since you did not rehab, you are stuck with both negative tradelines.
Ex-Financial Aid Officer

Ex-Student Loan Collector
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.