Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian dispute gone wrong...any suggestions

tag
Jayroc80
Established Member

Experian dispute gone wrong...any suggestions

I was in a rehabilitation program with my student loans, where I paid for 16 months and missed no payments my loans would be taken out of default and all the negative information would be removed from my credit reports. 

A year has gone by and the negative information still appears on my credit report along with the new accounts that don't show my loans in default.  I called to the student loan company and they stated they would remove the negative information all I need to do was dispute it through the credit agencies.

Well today I got my update from Experian and instead of removing the information all they did was verify the debt was mine.  That was not the purpose of the dispute, I know the debt is mine and I have actually complied with the terms of being rehabilitated.

I did online disputes with EX, EQ, and TU all on the same day, but I have only heard back from EX.

What next steps should I take in getting this information removed?

TU - 530, EX - 595, EQ - 580 10-13-2007
TU - 623, EX - 637, EQ - 648 4-25-2008
TU - 623, EX - 655, EQ - 630 5-19-2008
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian dispute gone wrong...any suggestions

Call them back up and tell them the dispute did not change the reporting-

Do you have it in writing that they will remove the lates?

What is the account Status? ok/paid as agreed?

Message 2 of 5
Jayroc80
Established Member

Thanks so much for responding!

Timothy wrote:
Call them back up and tell them the dispute did not change the reporting-

Do you have it in writing that they will remove the lates?

What is the account Status? ok/paid as agreed?

1. Call them back up and tell them the dispute did not change the reporting-

Are you stating that I need to call Experian back or call the student loan company?

2. Do you have it in writing that they will remove the lates?

Yes, I have signed document, stating the terms of my rehabilitation.

3. What is the account Status? ok/paid as agreed?

The status is: Claim filed with government/Collection account.  The accounts have the old dates and have an update as on May-2008, with all the negative information.

However, those same accounts are being reported on my credit report with no negative information and Ok/Paid as agreed, with the date my loans were rehabilitated which was May-2007.

Hope this information helps! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call the loan company-

Get to a supervisor and to the reporting department if you can-

Sounds like you have done exactly what you were supposed to do-
Message 4 of 5
Jayroc80
Established Member

Here's the update Tim:

I called the TSAC (the Student loan company) and the first person I spoke with had the worst attitude. She even stated that the removal was not part of the rehabilitation process.  I ensured it was and spoke very nicely to her, she ended up transferring to another department.

Fran knew exactly what I was referring to and when she pulled up my account, she saw that a year had past and was surprised the negative information wasn't removed from my account.  She asked me the fax over the information from EX, so she could show her boss, that the information was still being reported, and newly verified instead of being deleted.

Fran's boss wasn't in today, but she asked me to call back tomorrow, so I could speak with her.  She also stated that once they ask the EX to remove the negative information, she will also as TU & EQ to do the same.

So, right now I'm optimistically happy!  I hope it all works out, will send an update once I hear something either way.

Thanks for all your help!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.