cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expert Needed on Student Loans that make no sense!! Please Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Expert Needed on Student Loans that make no sense!! Please Help!

Hi,

Long story, but quick version I was in the car forum talking about how I could not lease a car with my hard pull scores which are quite different from the scores I get here.

I have been trying to fight supposed student loans that I have on my accounts for the last 6 months with minimal luck!

I went to 2 universities in the U.S totaling 1 year and 1/2

In Tenn 2004 and in Ill in 2005 I was on Athletic scholarship at both schools. Yet this is what appears on my report!

I recieve all 3.

1.) Citi Bank N.A

education loan

balance 0

date 8/1/2006

closed

Claim filed with government for insured portion of balance on loan

This is on both Experian and Equifax but on transunion it says paid collection??

2.) USA FUNDS

educational loan

balance 54.00

date opened 8/1/2009

closed

Seriously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department

also on all three but the date opened on equifax is 1/01/0001 ??

3.) US dept of ED

educational loan

balance 2,157

date 9/1/2004

Seriously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department

This is on all 3.

4.) US dept of ED

educational loan

balance 0

date 9/1/2004

closed

PAID SATISFACTORiLY???

It says this on all but TRans union.

Can someone please help me. I've written letters to Verify to all CA and they came back valid. Next I tried to contact the CB for 1,3, and 4 by letter and recently by phone with no response. NONE

I'll pay #2 because I just want it off!!! Any advise.

Note: I've never paid on any student loan because i've never known to have any.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Expert Needed on Student Loans that make no sense!! Please Help!

Why don't you contact the schools & ask them to provide you with the paperwork showing that you took out the loans?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never thought about doing that! Good Idea!!

If they can not provide any?? Do I ask for a letter saying I never had a loan with them?

Message 3 of 4
laz98
Senior Contributor

If they don't have any records supporting that you ever took out a loan to attend their school, I would ask them how it got reported to the credit bureaus!  Someone had to send it off to a collection agency.  I would get as much documentation from them as possible, preferably from someone in a position of authority (versus a student clerk).

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.