Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FASTEST WAY TO PAY OFF THESE 4 PRIVATE LOANS HELP

tag
egypt04
New Contributor

FASTEST WAY TO PAY OFF THESE 4 PRIVATE LOANS HELP

I currently have 4 private sl's from Wells Fargo that are in good standing. I am hoping for some advice as to how to best tackle them. I'd like to pay them off sooner rather than later and with the least amount going towards interest.

This is where I could use some help.

Right now my mom and I are paying on them each invididually. Two are due on the 4th and the other two the 21st of each month.

Here are the details:

Loan #1

$1724.61 at 7% interest

Loan #2

$3616.92 at 7%

Loan #3

$3892.84 at 7%

Loan #4

$4084.26 at 10.24%

Current payments range from $39-$64 each. I told my mom that any extra $$ should go towards the 4k one with the higher interest.

If you guys were in my shoes, what would be your plan of attack?

Consolidate some/all?

Pay off lowest one first?

Go hard on the higher interest one?

Keep doing what we're doing and wait to refi when credit scores improve?

Are the 7% interest rates that bad for private loans? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FASTEST WAY TO PAY OFF THESE 4 PRIVATE LOANS HELP

i have federal student loans,we are paying off highest interest one first,always pay off highest interest first you will save money

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get in contact with these, CommonBond guys, they can help. 

Message 3 of 7
egypt04
New Contributor

For a lot of those places to help you out refinancing or consolidating it seems you have to have graduated. I did not. I am currently back at a different school PT hoping to go full time next semester so I'm not sure they can help.

Looks like a good site for those that qualify though.

I might might just wait until my scores bump up a bit more and see if Wells Fargo will give me a lower interest rate on them.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have a decent credit history, try for the Chase Slate. 0% interest and no balance transfer fee for 15 months, it would allow you to tackle the balances without having to pay interest.

Message 5 of 7
egypt04
New Contributor

That's what I'm hoping to do to pay down my Cap1 credit card when I get a few more things cleared up in my files and my score goes up a bit more.

I don't think that you can transfer private student loans to that and I'd need WAY more time than 18 months to pay them off.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can transfer any account balances as long as it is not from Chase....

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.