Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINANCIAL AID QUESTION, URGENT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FINANCIAL AID QUESTION, URGENT

I start classes this spring term,.. next Monday. I applied for financial aid, in February, but had to wait until 2 fridays ago to turn another form in (Title IV eligibility, I was in default, but completed rehab). I have 2 questions; If my financial aid does not come through before classes start, what do I do? Cancel my classes and wait until next term or still go to class and hope it goes through soon? Second question is: I'm 27 and a veteran, so I know I qualify as independent, but if I made over a certain amount of income last year/or year before, will I still be able to qualify for a federal loan to cover my classes?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: FINANCIAL AID QUESTION, URGENT

you really need to contact your financial aid office, since they will be the ones to tell you if they will let you enroll or not.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm already enrolled/registered for classes...

Message 3 of 4
laz98
Senior Contributor

yes, i saw that, but some schools will drop you if you have not paid by a certain date.  that's why i said you should go talk to them & find out for sure.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.