Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed Loan Service to Navient; consolidating loans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fed Loan Service to Navient; consolidating loans

Hey Everyone, I am very very new to this so please bare with me. My goal is to go to culinary arts school, its my dream to be a chef but before I do I have to sort some things out. I have some federal loans that are consolidated by Fed Loan servicing which really isnt a great company to work with because when you consolidate your loans it is supposed to show as one loan on your credit report and like 6 or 7 different loans so I decided to leave them and go to navient because I pay my pirvate loans through them and they are giving me a lower rate on the consolidated federal loans. The loans are already transferred over from Fed Loan servicing to navient but when I go on the fed loan servicing website it is still showing as if I am still paying them which I am not and they are still on my credit report but the loans were transferred to navient. I have called and spoke to at least 10 different people(s) and they keep saying the same thing "oh wow I dont know how thats happening we will fix it" its been about 4 months now, very annoying...Has anyone been through or does anyone have any advice on it??

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Fed Loan Service to Navient; consolidating loans

If it has been four months and no one at Fedloan Servicing has been able to explain why their website and reporting are not updated, it might be time to contact the Student Loan Ombudsman.  They can help advocate for you, and investigate what the cause might be, as well as put some pressure on Fedloan to resolve it in a timely manner.

Do your loans show up on the Navient website?  Can you see that your payments are being applied to your loans?  You want to make sure they stay current.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fed Loan Service to Navient; consolidating loans

They are on the naivent website, when paid I can only see the payment on the naivent site
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.