cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FedLoan GW Letters - Anyone have any luck?

tag
njclay2004

FedLoan GW Letters - Anyone have any luck?

Greetings!

I currently have two student loans with FedLoan that I've had since 2010. I lost my job in late 2012 and for a year I was unable to pay anything. Once I got another job, I paid resumed payment on both loans.

In the case of the second loan, I was able to pay it off in full with my Tax Refund, which I did because I was tired of seeing it. Now on my credit report, it shows as being Paid in Full, but because of those months delinquent, is placed in 'Negative Status.'

I'd like to write a Goodwill letter asking to remove either the delinquent marks or the entire debt (for the one paid in full). Has anyone had any luck with FedLoan in this regard? My husband and I are looking to buy a home but those two items are an ugly mark on an otherwise decent record.

Current Score: 545
Goal: 700+ Straight Across
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: FedLoan GW Letters - Anyone have any luck?

Hello, welcome to the forums.

I would say since it's already paid off, I've seen where they say they can't go back and change it. I can say that FedLoan servicing is easy to work with. Have you tried to call customer service and see if they could do anything for you before you write any letter? Be completely honest and explain everything to them. That worked for me, but I had only missed ONE payment because I didn't know they picked up my loans. 

Good luck!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.