Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FedLoan Retroactive Forbearance?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FedLoan Retroactive Forbearance?

Hi,

I graduated in 2015 and had 5 loans through MyFedLoan. I have been moving around the country because of my job, and noticed earlier this year that I had fallen behind on payments when my credit score dropped. My parents set the loan up for me, and so I never received any communication (email or letter in mail) saying that payments were due. So the first payment goes 120 days late and one goes 90 days late. I paid off the lates and set up auto-debit in April of this year. Since then I've Been paying the minimum, and an extra 100.

I've read that you could try to get a retroactive forbearance placed on the months that were late... (and then report to CRAs that they technically weren't late by using the forbearance) do I have to be eligible for forbearance though? Like through "hardships"? Confused on what the process is here or if I can even apply for it. Any suggestions would be great!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FedLoan Retroactive Forbearance?

I have been able to successfully get forbearance retroactively on fed loans multiple times and removed negative Reporting. Get a supervisor at your lender involved if that doesn't work make a complaint to CFPB and keep trying. I'm having a lot of trouble with private loan delinquencies myself
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.