cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FedLoan Servicing Delinquencies ($$ not an issue)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FedLoan Servicing Delinquencies ($$ not an issue)

Hi.

I graduated last May, and have a full-time job making six-figures.

Monthly loan payments have not been a problem as I have consolidated with SOFI for most of my loans. What I was not aware of, was that I had a loan with FedLoan Servicing (https://myfedloan.org/). I didn't receive any kind of communications for repayment of my loan, and as such, the payments (started in January 2016) became delinquent. I have since paid the delinquent payments and set up auto-debit, but I still have some questions. The delinquent payments were clearly submitted to the credit bureaus as I noticed a 175 credit score drop last month (from Bank of America's monthly report tool). I looked into the FedLoan Servicing online tool, and they allegedly only sent out oneletter for a late payment. It never arrived at my address...

Is there anything I can do to resolve? I am concerned that these four payments becoming delinquent will tarnish my report for the next 7 years, even though I have the ability to pay the monthly balances.  I asked on Reddit, and someone suggested sending a goodwill letter stating that I received no communication from them and had no idea they were going to be late.  I would assume an apologetic-esque approach would probably be best?

I have since added auto-debit/auto-pay to the system.

I also just signed up for CreditKarma, and I see the delinquent payments in my report Smiley Sad

I have a total of 175 payments according to CK, with an on-time payment rate of 94.2%.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.