Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Federal Employee - Graduate Degree - Student Loan Forgiveness

tag
CreditMENA
New Contributor

Federal Employee - Graduate Degree - Student Loan Forgiveness

Hey all,

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I'm a 25 year old, new  employee of the federal government and have started looking into obtaining my MBA or MPA. That being said, I know the federal government has a student loan repayment program (SLRP) but it's kind of hard to decipher how to qualify for it. I've been reading the following website: https://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/charts/public-service

However, I still am not sure what kind of loans I would need to make sure I qualify for this 10 years down the road. 

For example, the website states that "Only loans you received under the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program are eligible for PSLF. Loans you received under the Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program, the Federal Perkins Loan (Perkins Loan) Program, or any other student loan program are not eligible for PSLF." Can anyone illuminate what specifically a Direct Loan Programs is? What are the eligibility requirements?

If anyone has any experience with this I'd greatly appreciate it - thank you!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.