Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fedloan is unrelentless.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fedloan is unrelentless.

Any advice is welcomed. I will keep it short:

I haven't been in school since 2012. My sister died and I just let everything go. I was very depressed.

Fedloan is the only negative thing on my report, but there are 6 different accounts. They are all in forebearance but show up as 120+ days late on my credit report.

I got the same response I am seeing from others here about how once it's reported there is nothing they can do.

I have opened two secured credit cards, but the Capital One card won't report for 5 months. My family has also agreed to add me as authorized users on their accounts to help me out.

I just need really solid advice on how to get at least some of these lates off of my account. I am trying to start a new life but there is no way I can get an apartment with my credit score in the 400's.

Please help!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fedloan is unrelentless.

They wont remove them but the impact of the lates will become less and less over time. Also adding more positive lines will help increase your scores. Can you get a secured personal loan? Getting added as authorized user will help too.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well it's going to take time to get these fixed... Since they are over 120+ days, are they in collections?  Perhaps you can talk to them about going through the student loan rehab program, which will help get them current and possibly get those 120+ removed from your report.... its worth a shot, but it will still take at least 9 months before things will be getting better.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No they are not in collections. All of my loans are in forebearance. The forebearance is retroactive from September. I applied for the forebearance in September, sent in all documentation & had $0 due everytime I logged into my fedloan but it still reported as late.

They finally changed on my reports as Current, but my issue now are the lates. I had no luck with Fedloan per usual so I'm working with the credit bereaus one at a time. Luckily the change to current gave my score a 100 point bump.

I just hope disputing these lates because of a forebearance works. The woman at experian told me it would not hurt my score. I hope she is right.

Has anyone has any luck going through the credit bereaus?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No luck at all. Been sending GW letters for over a year hoping I'll eventually just annoy them to death and they will take off the lates just to shut me up. No such luck. Maybe another year of sending letters will do the trick lol

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in the same boat. They have no mercy! I'll keep good willing.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.