Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fedloan mishap

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fedloan mishap

Hi all,

I'll try to keep this as short as possible.  I have a total of 7 student loans from grad school, all of which are forgivable loans because I am a teacher in a high-need area at a low-income school in the middle of my 4th year of service.  Honestly, I just lost track of one of my loans from Fedloan because the other one with them is on Direct Deposit.  I didn't pay it for about 5 months and once I realized I paid what I owed in full.  My credit scores have dropped around 120 points as a result.  I can't apply for loan cancellation for another 1.5 years, but it should cover all of my remaining debt once I can.  I have the money to pay off my Fedloan debt, but it seems stupid to do so when the government will pay it off for me in a year and a half.... 

I don't know what to do.  I have 1 late credit card payment from 2014 but otherwise nothing.  I just can't believe it tanked my scores by that much.  Any advice would be much appreciated.  

Thanks in advance,

Lindsey

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fedloan mishap

Call and ask about options, I've read about a status were you make 6 payments and then they put you back into tepay and wipe the lates. I just can't remember what its called.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fedloan mishap

Its called rehab.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.