Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finished SL Rehab UPDATE!!

tag
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Finished SL Rehab UPDATE!!

Thank goodness you didn't fall for that , Santander is a predatory lender , they hurt you more than they could even help you , that is what haopened to us at the first of the year and that is exactly why we walked away from the dealers and didn't take that sub prime loan and decided to clean up our credit instead.
If your car is working and you have time just hold off a bit longer , let all of your student loan stuff update and im sure you will be in a little better position, I would go with Capital One any day over them crazy Santander predators . And go ahead and call Great Lakes , they will be able to give you a break down of all your repayment plans now that they have your loans . Good luck and I'm proud that you didn't fall for that last night . Way to go , patience is a virtue. But we'll worth it !
Message 51 of 165
egypt04
New Contributor

So, it's been 1 week since I disputed with 2/3 of the agencies and since Monday on the other and there hasn't been anything changed on my reports. 

I know they have 1 month but since people on here seem to have gotten answers within a week I'm slightly worried I haven't heard anything.

Hope I did everything right!

Also bummed that when I got my monthly credit report update my new lower balance on my Cap1 card wasn't figured in yet so I can't see how much of a score bump that gets me. 

In one month since Total Credit Check here are my scores

EX 9/13 574; 

10/13 582

TU 9/13 584

10/13 588

EQ 9/13 601

10/13 608

Message 52 of 165
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Sorry to hear that you haven't gotten any answers yet , well I was always told no news is good news lol. Looks like EX has finally finished their dispute and everything was removed EXCEPT THE LATES , I'm bummed way out bc that would have made my profile flawless now I'm stuck with them for 5 more years SMH .. I don't get why they sell you on the Rehab telling you your bad ad negitave marks on your credit will be removed and then they don't live up to it.
Give credit check total a try you can get your 3B all for a dollar plus Fico 08 scores for all 3 . You can cebcel bf your trail is up , it's definitely worth it if you want to see your score since Cap one updated the balance .
Message 53 of 165
egypt04
New Contributor

I have had it for over a month now : )

I called in and got the $14.95/month special I heard about on these boards.

I'm super sorry about your lates...perhaps you can try again later with the creditor and see if they'll tell the credit agencies to remove them?

Message 54 of 165
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I'm gonna try to write Great Lakes explaining to them the reason I went into default , my mom passed plus they changed lenders on me in the middle of that and I was on forbearance with the other lender so I automatically assumed it would continue and I never received any communication from GL sating I was late or anything only found out when it went to a CA that it was defaulted. .oh well I'm tired of obsessing over it all ..
Message 55 of 165
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

UPDATE: Transunion finished it's disputes everything was removed INCLUDING THE LATES . They now show as current . The only dispute that hasn't finished yet us EQ . They have until the 20th to get done so maybe I'll hear something this week.
I also sent a GW letter to GL via FB page explaining my situation so hopefully I can get somewhere with the lots of ppl have had success with them removing lates . So TU is clean but EX everything was deleted but the lates . Keeping fingers crossed for EQ .
Message 56 of 165
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Very excited to be able to pull my 3B next week to see the actual different it has made in my scores so far .
Message 57 of 165
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, thanks for keeping us updated. Hopefully EQ will follow suit.
Message 58 of 165
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I hope so Vet!
Message 59 of 165
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

BIG BIG UPDATE!!

So I was real bummed out that EX came back with my dispute last week and my lates were still on there . These lates are 120+ 180+ days late so it's a HUGE hit to my profile and score. Anyways I done some research on Great Lakes , and they have a strong social media presence so I decided to send them a message via FB on Sunday , I explained that I had completed the Student Loan Rehabilitation Program and told them why my loan went into default to begin with and apologized so on and so forth . Basically begged them to remove the 7 lates .
I got a message today from them stating she had looked into my complaint and as of Oct 13th they had already instructed all.3 CBs to DELETE ALL DELIQUENCY MARKS FROM MY PROFILE!! So I'm just waiting on all of them to update . Don't give up ppl and stay persistent.
Message 60 of 165
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.