Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finished SL Rehab UPDATE!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finished SL Rehab UPDATE!!

That's great I'm so happy for you. I know this is a huge weight off your shoulders. Now are the rest of your reports clean? Was this the last credit obstacle you had? Regardless this is a huge accomplishment, congratulations!
Message 61 of 165
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Yes this is it!! Just have a higher balance on my Fiance's cc that we are paying down to get that particular acct under 20 percent ..besides that it will be clean m.it's been a long year but it is all working out how I hoped it would !
Message 62 of 165
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

But as far as negatives go that is it . Everything has updated today even the lates are gone on EQ and TU waiting on EX to update bf I pull my 3B fico scores next week . I do have one really really old acct in collections that I decided to let age off bc it only has 3 mths bf it falls off , I may go ahead and see if I can work something out to go ahead and get it off , if they don't want to play nice I'll let it fall off .
Message 63 of 165
egypt04
New Contributor

YAY!!!!!! Good for you - I might have to employ your GW strategy as well in the near future.

My credit card updated and my utilization went down from 98% to 94% and I believe I gained 5 points from that. Not sure as the CreditCheck Total service doesn't say what the increase comes from. This next billing cycle I'm hoping to get util down to 88%. 

Since I negotiated my APR rate and paid way more than the minimum my monthly payment already went down from $204 to $174 which is awesome!!!!!

Already received my letter from Great Lakes in the mail explaining they're my new federal loan servicer. I don't have to pick a plan until January. I just have to keep paying the monthly fee I was paying under rehab until then which is nice.

Those rehabbed accounts are still on my reports (they just say closed) and aren't figured into my installment debt either. 

Do they fully just disappear and then reappear under my new servicer when the time comes? 

I'm hoping for some more updates this week regarding my disputes. Super curious as to what my point increase might be! 

Message 64 of 165
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Yes well mine were fully closed and removed all together and then like a week later Navient added a new account that was backdated , now as far as the tradeline that had my lates , it never got removed it has been updated as paid /current and the lates have been removed . So all negatives from default plus lates are gone .
Message 65 of 165
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great aduke. How far away is that last negative from falling off? I'm curious to see what your scores are when you pull your 3b next week. I will be waiting to see your update! I have yet to start working on any of my negatives yet, I have just started unpacking, I'm hoping to start by next week.
Message 66 of 165
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

It's only 2 mths from me being able to call to have an early exclusion on it . Moving is hectic omg . Just take some time to get settled in then you can start working on your negatives .
Message 67 of 165
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two months isn't bad, I would try calling once a month for the EE just for the hell of it anyway.

This move has been a nightmare lol. We went from a 2800sqft house with a 2 car garage to a 1200sqft townhouse with no garage. She had been in the house for 8 years, me going on 5. We had to get rid of so much stuff. It was an expensive process!

I'll get to the negatives as soon as we get settled in, there is no rush. I just don't want to get lazy where this stuff is concerned. I know you understand that.
Message 68 of 165
egypt04
New Contributor

Still nothing happening as far as my credit reports dispute status'. 2 were disputed on 10/7 and the other 10/10.

EQ SAYS PENDING AND TU SAYS 0/5 DISPUTES RESOLVED.

Per CreditCheck Total my EX report has 2 FED EDUCATION taken off completely and 2 still listed as CLOSED with all the late fees still there....what now?

Also, I was under the impression that the CreditCheck total scores were real scores - are they not??!!!

Message 69 of 165
Anonymous
Not applicable

Egypt04 this process may take some time and multiple disputes.

As far as credit check total and everyone else who provides scores, every score provided is a real score. Credit check total provides real fico 08 scores.
Message 70 of 165
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.