Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finished SL Rehab UPDATE!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finished SL Rehab UPDATE!!

well congrats on getting lates removed,i rehabbed about 20 days ago,the collection took theres off quick like 3 days after,about a week later navient put all new accounts up and good standings,i disputed with all 3 credit bureaus but they havent removed the late accounts yet.i sure hope they do but im starting to doubt it,doesnt make since navient put all 6 new accounts on all 3 but the old ones with lates are still on another account totally,they almost got the same account numbers with like 1letter different and one number different.so.im calling all 3 bureaus tommorrow and see if anything has changed.i know TU is still in dispute and so is EQ dont know about EX.ive heard great lakes works with people heard bad things on navient maybe ill get lucky
Message 71 of 165
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Good luck , mine went all the way thru the process of the 30 day dispute and the lates were still on EX lime you read I reached out to Great Lakes via FB and she then informed me that they just put in the request to remove all lates . Who was your old loan holder when it went into default ? Navient has no control over the old loan bc it was held by someone else . So it is up to whoever that was to remove them . Good luck to.you
Message 72 of 165
Anonymous
Not applicable

well navient is the one who has all the lates on my crdeit report.i think the original people are like banks.ive always had my loans with navient started missing payments in 2013-14 missed like 12 payments total 12 -120 days late on every loan,then they transferred them to ecmc and i rehabbed them and navient got them back.so are you saying i got to talk to someone else besides navient?                       all 3 credit places removed ecmc and got 6 new navient loans paying as agreed from the original loan date,but the old 6 navient student loans are on them too in closed accounts.i may have to find profession help to get them off.got all my medical collections off 11 total,thought i was doing great got final student loan that rehabbs in december and thought by next year i could start looking to buy a house,if these student loan lates are not removed it like a slap in the face.got about 1o more days for them to get through the 30 day dispute ill just keep praying they will come off.                                                                                                                                                                                           

Message 73 of 165
JMCB
Regular Contributor

Update on my disputes. After 3 disputes, calling Experian multiple times explaining the situation, I got an update today that they removed the lates. I saw a 50 point jump on my Credit Check Total Experian Score. So not one bad mark on my credit profile. Equifax is also clean. But sadly, Transunion is still fighting it. This is also the 3rd dispute with them and the estimated date of completion is Nov. 4th. So to everyone on here, just keep trying. You never know if it will work or not.

Message 74 of 165
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.i finished 6 rehabs about 20 days ago.n disputed got my final one rehabbed yesterday.disputed all of them.glad to see disputes are getting lates removed.i surr hope mine get off too.ill keep trying if they dont

Message 75 of 165
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats jmcb, keep up the good work and TU will eventually come in line.
Message 76 of 165
JMCB
Regular Contributor

Thanks guys! Ya, just keep trying. Seriously, I just kept calling and reopening the dispute. The first time, only a couple of the loans came back clean but the others didnt. So I explained to the credit agency reps that "how could one loan be good and one loan be late? You only make one student loan payment. So they are all good or all bad." So they put that in the disputes proving if they wiped one clean, they needed to wipe them all clean since they are all tied together. I dont know if that really helped but it got them to reopen the investigation every month. Like I said, Lets just hope for Transunion will follow.

Message 77 of 165
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Sorry I been on vacation this last week , I checked all my reports and everything has been removed and updated EXCEPT EX it's still showing lates ..gonna give it a bit longer if nothing happens will dispute again since I have GL word that they are promised to be removed . And congrats to you JMCB keep trying ts worth the fight in the end .
Message 78 of 165
JMCB
Regular Contributor

Thanks! Its funny how we are both with Great Lakes but my Experian is clean but yours isnt. And your Transunion is clean and mines not. Just shows nothing goes exactly the same way as everyone else.

Message 79 of 165
Anonymous
Not applicable

well i disputed after rehab with TU,EQ10/2/16 online,EX on phone 10/3/16,,,checked TU,EQ on like 10/20 and the disputes didnt even go through,called bothe next day and did it by phone,so hopefully all of them are disputeing now.everything i researched says the original student loans with lates always says default on them,ive got every credit report like 6 months ago and none of my navient late payments sow default just 12  120 days late and said closed   transfered/sold on them.maybe im missing something

Message 80 of 165
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.