Frequent Contributor
mrsanderson

Going TO a UNIVERSITY in the Fall Student Loan info Needed????

Ok this will be my first time apply for a student loan , I filled out Fasfa and got my results back Im elgiable for Pell but I will need additional amount to cover tution? My question is If I need a unsubsuduzed loan will they do a credit check? my scores are mid 500??? so tell me what are my options am i most likely to qualify for a goverment loan? 
~EveryThing Is Within REach~FICO FORUM roCKs.....
Valued Member
erika

Re: Going TO a UNIVERSITY in the Fall Student Loan info Needed????

Stafford loans do not require a credit check.  Remember that there are limits to how much you can borrow based on what year of college you are in.  The following link gives them based on year of school and your status (dependent vs independent student).  You best bet is to contact the financial aid department of your school.  They will best be able to give you your options based on your EFC (estimated family contribution) 

Starting Score: EQ 434 TU 499 4/29/10
Current Score: EQ 651 11/1/2011
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
mrsanderson

Re: Going TO a UNIVERSITY in the Fall Student Loan info Needed????

:smileywink: Thk U
~EveryThing Is Within REach~FICO FORUM roCKs.....

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}