Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Will Student Loans, Or Bad Idea?

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

Good Will Student Loans, Or Bad Idea?

So i had a DIrect Loan student loan that i was pretty late on about 4-5 years ago before i knew anything about credit, etc. (120+ late)

It was transfer to EdFianancial and that did some weird stuff to my credit reports...

Transunion - It still shows the original account with all the lates, but also shows the "new" loan account once it was transferred to EdFiancial as the servicer.

Eqifax - Pretty much the same as Tranunion...

Experian - The "old" account with the late payments is completely gone and the "new" one after it was trasferred is reporting perfect payments...

Should i try sending goodwill letters to them to try to get the lates removed or could this potentially trigger them to start reporting the baddied on Experian or soemthing horrible like that?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Re: Good Will Student Loans, Or Bad Idea?

Have you defaulted and rehabilitated these loans? You need to separate out which accounts are from the original loan servicing agent, the new loan servicing agent and the guarantor or collection agency (if defaulted and trasferred to that entity) 

Message 2 of 3
shane82388
Established Contributor

Re: Good Will Student Loans, Or Bad Idea?

I dont believe I actually defaulted? Just really late.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.