Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill Letter Review

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodwill Letter Review

Hi, I have been working on writing a goodwill letter for my student loan past due payments and this is what I have come up with so far (personal info removed):

Xpress Loan Servicing

2400 Reynolds Rd.

Winston Salem, NC 27106-4606

Dear Sir:

I am writing a letter to express my gratitude to Xpress Loan Servicing for the professional and helpful service I received from your staff when I had two student loans being serviced by this company. The CSRs I spoke with were always polite and helpful. I would also like to submit a humble request regarding a past due payment in my credit files that I would like to have revised.

At the time that my loans were being serviced by your company, I fell on hard times, as many others did. I was a bill collector myself, the manager of the legal department at a local agency. Our commission rates were cut severely during the recession and I found myself struggling to keep up with my own obligations, these loans included. In spite of my best efforts, eventually I became late on my payments with Xpress Loan Servicing. As quickly as I was able, I caught up the payments. 

I am currently in the process of trying to rebuild my credit rating, and I have been paying my student loans on time, and moreso, ahead. I am requesting that you give me a second chance at a positive credit rating by revising my history with Xpress Loan Servicing with the Credit Reporting Agencies. I sincerely hope that there is redemption at Xpress Loan Servicing and I beg you for such consideration. Please let me know if any additional documentation would assist in reaching a positive outcome.

Regardless of your decision, please know that I thank you for helping me at a time when it was needed.

Very hopefully,

Any advice?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Goodwill Letter Review

Looks good. I'd probably specifically state what I wanted removed (e.g. lates from x/xx to x/xx).

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill Letter Review

Thanks!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.