Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got some info on my student loan rehab

tag
Gracie15
Valued Member

Got some info on my student loan rehab

Some background.  My student loan rehab started in January of 2011, finished in Oct of 2011. My loan is still with the C.A.  I just got off the phone with them and the D.O.E.  The C.A. noted on my account that I was eligible for rehab, and the D.O.E. said they would send a request to the C.B. deleting the student loans. They will come back on my report when the new lender picks up the loan. I only owe $251.00, so I asked if I pay that off before it gets picked up what would happen.  He said that on my C.B. report it will show as paid in full, but will still show it went into collections. I owe so little, but will still wait until its picked back up by a new lender before paying it off. He said he didn't know if my loan will show the back dated date of when I first opened the acct with them.  I just thought all of this was interesting and wanted to let all of you know.  Then you may already know this.

Starting Score: EQ: 559 Score Watch
Current Score: EQ: 646 TU: 667 EX: 664 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 640

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
trulygifted01

Re: Got some info on my student loan rehab

So were you able to file your taxes this year and how long did the tax offset request take to process.

Message 2 of 3
Gracie15
Valued Member

Re: Got some info on my student loan rehab

@trulygifted01 wrote:

So were you able to file your taxes this year and how long did the tax offset request take to process.

That I don't know about, sorry. I owe for 2008 and am in a repayment plan. My main concern was to see where I stood as far as my credit score was concerned. I want to buy a house later this year. I am sure my score will change when the loan is put back on, but as long as this has taken, might be after I close on a home, lol.

Starting Score: EQ: 559 Score Watch
Current Score: EQ: 646 TU: 667 EX: 664 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 640

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.