Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Granite State Management & Resources

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Granite State Management & Resources

Anyone who's student loans are services by Granite State Management & Resources, please check your credit reports.

I got notifications from several credit monitoring services that information had changed on my student loans, and I saw a corresponding near 100 point drop in my Transunion FICO score (the other bureaus were unaffected). Turns out the errantly reported all four of the loans I have with them as being subject to repayment under terms of a Chapter 13 bankruptcy filing. I filed a dispute immediately, and contacted GSMR, who admitted that they were getting barraged with calls and that they had mistakenly misreported many accounts.

This happen to anyone else? Curious to see how widespread this is, and how quickly it gets resolved.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ealston

Re: Granite State Management & Resources

Same thing happened to me! I recieved a credit alert yesterday causing my credit score to drop over 90pts. I obtained a copy of my report and noted GSM placed my loan in to Chapter 13 Bankruptcy. When I called them, they admitted the issue was a system wide glitch and they are "working on it" and should have "it resolved over the next couple of days". When I requested they send an email or correspondance to the fact, so that I may add is to my file...they claimed they are "not sending any documentation to consumers, stating the error". I hope this gets resolved soon!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Granite State Management & Resources

My score took a 90 point drop recently but I don't think it was from this. I did apply and get approved for my school loan but it hasn't been dispursed yet and i cant find it anywhere on my credit report and i only just learned last week that Granite State Management & Resources is my loan servicer

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.