New Visitor
FinancialV

Great Lakes 150 Day Late Reporting

Hello - Brand new to the forum after I applied for a mortgage and was denied.  I figured this would happen based on prior creidt issues.  Here is my situation and any help is greatly appreciated:

Ch 7 BK 2005

Foreclosure 8/2009

Redeemed car reposession 10/2011 - Current every month since

Captial One Credit Card - 30 day late 10/2012 - dv with all three bureaus

Walmart Credit Card - 30 day late 10/2012 - dv with all three bureaus

Auto loan - Current since 10/2011

New Auto loan 11/2012 - Never late

Student Loan with Great Lakes - 150 day late is reporting as of January 2013.  In February 2013, I requested a forbearance.  After reading on these boards it sounds like I should have let it go into default and then rehab. 

2 questions:

What are my options now as it stands with Great Lakes?  Goodwill letter? I did request DV with all bureaus.

My credit score right now is 490.  I need to be at 530 with 10% down for a mortgage or 580 with 3.5% down.  With your crystal balls...if all payments are current and studen loan is paid on time in next 12 months  - will I be at a 580 in one year?  If not, what can I do to increase the score?  TIA -

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Great Lakes 150 Day Late Reporting

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

Be careful what you send. A DV is a debt validation letter and that's allowable due to the FDCPA. In that law, DV letters only go to CAs (not CRAs). The only thing that goes to CRAs is a dispute.

Wait 30-45 days and let things clear up before starting over. Send GWs to the repo, CapOne, and WalMart. You can also send a GW to the foreclosure, but I wouldn't do so if the account was my oldest or among my oldest accounts, just in case they delete.

Try sending GWs to the SL.

Unless there are major changes, I wouldn't predict a 580 for over a year. But hitting 600s is attainable inside a year with hard work and effort.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+