Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great Lakes hasn't ever reported?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great Lakes hasn't ever reported?

I was paying Great Lakes for a student loan from 2010 to 2014.  In 2014 I consolidated my student loans and started paying on that.  I have just recently started to track my credit (as of January of this year) and when I look at my credit report I see that Great Lakes hasn't reported those on time monthly payments of 4 years.

Do they have to report a good payment history or is something like that done as just a courtesy that they don't have to do?

I would love to have on my credit report a loan showing that I was paying on time for 4-5 years, is there any way to get this put on?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Great Lakes hasn't ever reported?

There is no requirement that any company report to a CRA - legally they are just required to report accurate information if they do report.  This could be an administrative error on either Great Lakes or the CRAs parts.  Is it missing from all of your reports?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it's missing from every single one of my reports.  Great Lakes isn't even on any of the reports either.

As I mentioned I consolidated my student loans last year and that company (My Fed Loan) has reported each repayment.  Which is nice because it shows a payment history.  

Message 3 of 4
Luscher
Valued Contributor

If they are not on your report that could be better then being on there. Its like you don't have student loan debt in the eyes of other creditors.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.