Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great News from General Revenue Corp.. but still worried

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great News from General Revenue Corp.. but still worried

So i had an old defaulted loan through ITT TECH that went to General Revenue Corp.

The ITT Loan was for around 10.5k, but after Gen Revenue added all their fees they turned it into 2 accounts of 10k each. So i had been paying on this 20k debt for years, and the balance was down to about 9k.

So this month Gen Revenue did not deduct their payment from my account. I called them and they said ITT Tech had contacted them and my account was paid in full! Also ITT would be sending me a refund of about $200.

I asked Gen Rev for a paid in full letter with my account #'s but they said i needed to get it from ITT. I went to ITT and they gave me a check and a receipt that should my 10.5k balance and that i'd paid 10.5k and the balance at zero.

My concern is this receipt is very generic and doesn't show any account #'s and i don't have anything from Gen Revenue. What do i need to get to cover myself on this? Ideally i would like the paid in full from General Revenue with my account #'s but i really don't think they are willing to do that (I've called and asked twice now).

Is there anything i can do to force this info out of either of them. Thanks in advance! 

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.