Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAS ANYONE HAD ANY LUCK...

tag
CAnNY
Frequent Contributor

HAS ANYONE HAD ANY LUCK...

My student loans were trans to a new lender. I have some lates on the old TLs. Has anyone been able to get the old lenders TL remove with a dispute, or by any means?

I am not worried about AAOA, I just want the old TL removed. Thanks!

Starting Score: TU 489 EQ 561 EX unknown (2/24/2013)
Current Score: Lender Pull (11/15/13) EQ 702, TU 679, EX 684
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Rikku
Regular Contributor

Re: HAS ANYONE HAD ANY LUCK...

I think it probably depends on the lender and how the new TL is reported. Does the new lender report the entire history of the loan, or just from the time that they took it over?

If the new lender is reporting the entire history of the loan (from the date it was originally opened with the old lender) then I think you should be able to get the old TLs removed. That's the case with one of my loans, and I'm disputing the old TLs - because the history of the loan is being reported twice. The new lender will not budge on reporting the info from when the old lender held the loan - they told me to take it up with the old lender or dispute the old TLs.

Message 2 of 5
CAnNY
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Well, for me the new lender is reporting the entire history for EQ but not for the other two bureaus. Maybe if I could get them to report the entire history for the other two I might have some luck like you. Lol. I doubt it. Oh well, guess I will think of something else or let it be.

Message 3 of 5
Rikku
Regular Contributor

I would try GW letters to the original lender, if you haven't already. If you have tried that with no success, just keep at it. As a lot of people here have experienced, it only takes one yes to get something removed - and sometimes that yes comes after 20 no's!

My issue is that both the new and old lenders are reporting the five years that the original lender owned it, which includes one 30-day late payment. I wrote to the new lender about it and they say they're reporting correctly, which is fine - I probably did pay late. I'm debating whether it's worth it to dispute the original TL, though - while it would probably be successful, I doubt that one 30-day late almost six years ago is making any difference to my score. It's the only negative item on my CR, though, so it bothers me that it's reported more than once.

Message 4 of 5
CAnNY
Frequent Contributor

I tried prev with GW but did not press the issue too much. Just sent an email to the orig lender to see if they will budge they prev referred me to the current lender stating my records were no longer with them. Well low a behold when I contacted the new lender they couldn't help because they showed no lates. Therefore, I just now I sent a reply to the old response I received from the orig lender with an attached copy of their TLs and the new TLs in hopes it will clarify what I need and they actual delete the lates.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.