cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIi..new to the baord and need help please! ACS GW!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HIi..new to the baord and need help please! ACS GW!!

I am in desperate need to find someone. anyone that can give me contact info to someone from ACS.   We need help with a GW on some lates my husband and I have on our student loans.  We spoke with a rep 2 years ago and thought we were in deferrment.  We are new to student loans and are not fimilar with the processes invloved.  We figured if we spoke to the rep and filled out paperwork we would be in deferment.  Well we were wroing.  We have 90 day lates on our reports and we just found this out when we had our credit reports pulled to be qualifed for a mortgage.  We were current  and In fact I am actually in school but I have kept paying my loan b/c I do not want ACS to report lates on my credit report.  Can someone please, please help us!  This is the only thing holding us up. 

Thank you,

Sc

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HIi..new to the baord and need help please! ACS GW!!

Bump please!

Message 2 of 3
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Re: HIi..new to the baord and need help please! ACS GW!!

Based on your post it seems maybe this was an error on the part of ACS?  If this is the case, you should be able to call and speak with any rep and/or supervisor to have this corrected.

Otherwise if it is not the case (meaning these truly are lates), many have not had a lot of luck having lates removed from student loans.  You could always see if they have a loan rehabilitation program that you could go through if you are still in default, but that normally takes 9-12 months to complete.  Also, if you were in school the entire time that you state the lates were there, you could likely get them to look at the national clearing house which should show that you were at least a 1/2 time student, which would have qualified for your loans to be deferred (if you have not reached the maximum deferment period).

This would likely take some time to get straighted out.  Sorry I don't have better news or contact information for ACS.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.