Valued Member

Has anyone had any recent sucess with salliemae getting late charges removed ?

I've been reading that they are very hard to work with..I have seen some past results that are postive and have seen some say that they don't even accept goodwill letters anymore..Has anyone had any reecnt sucess at getting lates removed ?

Starting Fico scores 6/29/1013
Experian 584 / Equifax 639 / TransUnion 598
Valued Contributor

Re: Has anyone had any recent sucess with salliemae getting late charges removed ?

I just sent my goodwill letter yesterday I'm not expecting much but it's worth a shot. I'll post my results when I find anything out
TU08 Fico Score (700)-Goal Score-(750)
AMEX PRG NPSL,AMEX BCE $15,000, Capital One venture card $10,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500, CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000, Discover it $4000, Chase Freedom $3200, Chase Southwest Premier $2000
Valued Member

Re: Has anyone had any recent sucess with salliemae getting late charges removed ?

Have you heard anything from them yet  and did you send through the mail or email ?

Starting Fico scores 6/29/1013
Experian 584 / Equifax 639 / TransUnion 598
Established Contributor

Re: Has anyone had any recent success with salliemae getting late charges removed ?

They have a pretty strict internal policy of accurate reporting and ignoring/denying all GW requests. They are extremely difficult to deal with to the point that getting inaccurate reporting fixed can be a tedious and lengthy chore.

Valued Contributor

workingprogress wrote:

Have you heard anything from them yet  and did you send through the mail or email ?

Yeah some lady called me  from the office of the consumer advocate, she said she was sorry about my situation (my mother passed away while I was at school) but she said there is nothing they can do about it. I understand it was my fault the loans were not paid sallie mae is a horrible company to deal with. I sent my goodwill thru email and mail.

TU08 Fico Score (700)-Goal Score-(750)
AMEX PRG NPSL,AMEX BCE $15,000, Capital One venture card $10,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500, CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000, Discover it $4000, Chase Freedom $3200, Chase Southwest Premier $2000
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.