Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

He said she said

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

He said she said

Hello,

I consolidated my loans back in 2012. During the consolidation three ACS accounts went 60-90-120 days late because the clock kept ticking on lates and it took longer than it should take to the companies to process the application. I shouldn't be harmed if they are slow--but I was. I tried goodwill letters and they didn't work. have disputed them and they come back as valid. They provide a listing that shows the payments for consolidation with the dates. I then called and they gave me a history of when I called and when they called me. I am not disputing their system and when the loan was consolidated. What I dispute is that I didn't know I was 90-120 late. I asked how they notified me and they said they sent a letter and called me multiple times but my line was busy. That is impossible since my cellphone is always with me and has call waiting.

So am I stuck for three more years until these fall off or can I demand the proof they called me (logs from their system) and copies of letters sent with the address? Or do they not have a burden of proof and can just let it sit there. One consolidation led to five accounts showing greater than 60 days delinquent.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Re: He said she said

Sounds like you started paying to the consolidated account before it was truly consolidated. Sad as I am to hear this the problem is an error on the loaner (you) since you failed to pay the amounts due for the unconsolidated accounts. For this reason I always say that you need to pay either the unconsolidated accounts or both at the same time unless you can guarentee that the paperwork has gone through. Most lenders can forward payments but they cannot send them in reverse. I would say that the lates are valid and are there to stay. You might be able to negotiate something with the servicer and there have been cases of some people getting them removed but expect a long battle for it in addition to not getting your way.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.