Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!! - Can't find my loan servicer :-/

tag
BrokeStudent2010
Contributor

Help!! - Can't find my loan servicer :-/

My Dept of Ed loan servicer was changed to Sallie Mae in July. I just got an alert from MYFICO saying that my loan was transferred or sold from SallieMae. I go to the SallieMae website and it says my loan has a new servicer and to click the link on the bottom of their page to view my loans held by another servicer. I click the link and the page won't load. The page says that it cannot connect to the server. I have been trying for a half hour and it's not working.

I called SallieMae and their automated system doesn't help. There's no record that I have any loans there now. It's like they just wiped me off their books once the servicer changed. I am concerned because my loan payment occurs automatically and the scheduled payment date is tomorrow. Now I have no clue how to make sure that my automatic loan payment is going to go through with my new loan servicer. I don't want to have a late payment on record. 

I also called every loan servicer on the Dept. Of Ed.'s list of loan servicers for their loans. http://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/understand/servicers#who-is-my-loan-servicer. None of them pulled up my information when I submitted my SSN#.  This is freaking me out, and I'm so annoyed that my loan keeps jumping around. Why didn't' they send me a letter or something to let me know the loan was being transferred again.

What can I do to find out who is servicing my loan? 

Smiley Mad

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Help!! - Can't find my loan servicer :-/

You can go to the National Student Loan Data System (nslds.ed.gov) and log in with your PIN to view the status of all your federal student loans.  The current servicer and contact information should be listed there.

Message 2 of 5
Luscher
Valued Contributor

http://www.nslds.ed.gov/nslds_SA/
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 3 of 5
BrokeStudent2010
Contributor

@SCF wrote:

You can go to the National Student Loan Data System (nslds.ed.gov) and log in with your PIN to view the status of all your federal student loans.  The current servicer and contact information should be listed there.

Thanks for the suggestion, but when I go to that site it does not have an updated listing of my loan servicer. It only has the original servicer, which is the US Dept of Ed. 

Message 4 of 5
Luscher
Valued Contributor

keep trying to call them to find out where they transferred it to. also keep monitoring your credit report, see if it pops up
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.